Friday, March 16, 2012

Birthday Expectations…?


    Birthdays, how wonderful there are, having the ones that care for you the most, family, friends, some other known people and others from the Social Interaction. You have your own special day of the year, and maybe you can take the day before, the day after, the weekend after your birthday (or 4 days of celebrating your birthday with kinda-holidays! [-Huh?]) , so  it’s obvious that people get the attention to you.
    That’s the expectation to a birthday, celebrating with those people, right? We could think they would know your birthday and expect you to congratulate you for that day. Because it’s cool to hear from the people to say to you “Happy Birthday”, isn’t it? Or at least send you some card or greeting or something related to that day.
  But what if the people don’t know when is your birthday? At least you have to tell them when it’s your birthday to receive that retribution of greetings. And to do so, you have to talk to them, to remind them, at least tell them one day before that your birthday is tomorrow and then the next day they will give you that retribution.
The thing is, does it really worth it? Is it really important to tell them when it’s your birthday rather than those people ask you that? I received a weird experience towards those events. Maybe on school I wanted to get the people to know when my birthday is, so I tell them so they could at least sing the birthday song…, but that was when I was a child. But then they just got tired of my insistence and shut me up from saying that over and over again. Maybe that wasn’t very smart for my part, but that experience made me not tell everybody when my birthday is. Only when they asked for it. Anyhow at other schools they would know when my birthday is and do all the things necessary to at least being happy with it, but not too much.
Yeah, weird expectations, just because I wanted a little of their attention. Only a little. And then there was a time when classmates wanted my birthday like every day after one birthday that I had. So at class they would sing the song of Happy Birthday each day, just fun. It was kinda weird though.

[" -So Happy Birthday to the one who stands the position of the nick, StndNerdBoy11..."]*


"-That's me, isn't it?"
"-Yeah, that's you..."
" -When is your birthday?"
"-Huh? What are you talking about, I'm your Nerdy Part, I suppose I have the same birthday as you..."
"-In that case, Happy Birthday, Nerdy Part!!"
"-Eeeh? But that's not necessarily true, in fact, you tried to put character on me, but you are only losing time on things are not of the basic position!"
"-At least you can celebrate..."
"-Celebrate? It's already noon? What celebration?"
"-Your birthday! It's tomorrow!"
"-You can't be serious!! I don't want my birthday the day after yours...!"
"-At least you can get a present!"


* Stands for: the Nerdy Part has started the conversation, but at least the Main Part must finish it in order to get the conversation in a flow motion.