Friday, October 19, 2012

Drawing Impressions

 Hello, lots of things to tell on this month, and lots of things to make something useful to update the position of space of my web pages. This time, a Drawing Talk.
    I have been practicing a lot of drawing and then publishing some art on the DeviantArt and tumblr page. Lately I have entered some drawing contest and on last week I spent my time making a cool drawing for that contest. The cool thing was the printing in a 17" x 11" paper that drawing, which it was the first time.
    I was so excited to enter and that my drawing would be there among other drawings, so I have made some development and started some sketches on my notebook. Usually my school notebook is sometimes my sketch notebook… hehehe
    After some sketches, I decided on selecting one of them. One boy walking on the street, going to school with some backpack on his shoulders and a happy face. Also a nice background. I spent hours trying to make a neat lineart and making my drawing look special. I spent my weekend making that effort of making lines and color and shade the image. After all that work, my special drawing was done, and I was very happy with the results.
    The day of the printed hand in, I didn't have any idea where to print my image, at first, because I needed to find some copy shop near where I was. I thought of one, but I have wondered if they could print with the specifications I wanted. Luckily they had that kind of paper and that kind of size. So I hurried on printing and handing in the work to the ones that made the contest.
    After that, it was time of making the exposition of the work of everybody that has entered the contest. It was today. I told some of my friends and classmates to come and see my work, and some of them know that I draw and wanted to see that work. So in the afternoon, one hour after noon exactly, we visited those drawings. I was a little shy to see my work alone, because it would be there along with the others’ work. It was at some festival of languages (supposed that the ones who made the contest make the appointment to the Japanese language… because the style was manga styled)
    The time I handed in my work, I thought it may be a few of drawings (only like three or four), but when I went to see it all, it was like about fifteen.  Different anime style, different techniques (traditional drawing, digital drawing…), and different focus. Most of the drawings were about some original character they have made. A close up of those characters. One was like a manga page, pretty amazing. Other ones have a single background but they used well their colors. One traditional image was pretty amazing because of the technique of colors, and it was a close-up too. My drawing was placed very high, beside some other drawing with two characters.
    What I see different my drawing from the others is that my character wasn't as big as the others, but the compensation was the background, and because most of the images were close-ups, and because they were placed near to the eye to see, it was more impressing. But still my drawing was amazing. If I do a close-up like any other picture, it would be amazing as the others!
    Even so my classmates and friends say that I have the talent of making those drawings and I’m proud they have considered that. Also I’m happy they saw my drawing. Maybe if I have the chance I’ll make the price of making another print…. hehehe