Friday, March 1, 2013

A day of Visit – A Story


One day, at school, I was having a great time inside class. It was a great moment on my life where you can show everyone how good you were at multiplication tables. Our teacher always wanted us to learn very well and memorized the most important multiplications: 3x4, 5x6, 4x7, 5x9, 9x7, 7x8, and so on....

    Every day, at Math class, we would have this multiplication table contest to see which one was the fastest on answering the questions. All you have to do is fill the table and after that you hand in your notebook so you can have your first place mark. I usually have that mark, or 2nd or 3rd. I was happy that I was appreciated by that mention or by that recognition. It makes my life happy....

    But something was different that day. Mom came.

    I was in the middle of another contest when she came. It was unexpected that mom could come to class, but anyway I could be happy, but then I was not when she said I had to return home. I didn't like to return home when I was on class. I mean, it was school and I have to be there, but I had no choice but close my notebook, pick up my backpack and follow her to the front door of the school. I didn't know what was happening.

    After home, my other brothers were here too. She said we have to go to some dad’s friend house, because we cannot be here at home. I can’t believe what I was hearing, but at that time I didn't understand what was happening. Obeying as children we had to do, and so a woman came to pick up us. And then we would go to their house. It was afternoon.

    After that, she explained a little, mom has to stay in the hospital guarding dad, so we have to stay until all is stable. Inside the house was a family: a man, his wife, and their sons. We know them so we know we can have a great time here. In fact, we played videogames with them and other things. We lived on their rules and on their behaviors of their daily lives.

    We even had to stay the night with them, and then sleep with them too. Next morning, as their children went to school, we had to stay at this house. I wasn't pleased about it; we HAD to go to school too! But all we can do is play and stay here. All morning and the afternoon went away and, when night came, Mom came. I was very happy to see her, but then dad came too, so that meant we can go home and return to school. I was happy everything went back to normal....