Thursday, May 23, 2013

“A memory of younger days”

 "The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
    Sheik – The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    For those who played this awesome game, this is one of the phrases Sheik told Link said when teaching a song, specifically the “Minuet of Forest”. That phrase was said, because Link when he was young meets Saria at that place he was now. Saria, his best friend, taught him a nice song. The “memory of younger days” is that memorable time of playing and time spending in the forest.
    As you also know, Link when he drew out the Master Sword, he was frozen in time, and instantly became adult. So when he saw how the world was changed for the worse, he would understand what Sheik said.
    In a more deep meaning, if we could travel in time, we would feel the flow of time pass by and we would lose time. But we know we can’t yet travel in time. Also, time is constant in all space so at a specific second is the same for everybody. We all live the present at the same time. If time travel would exist, another person would live his present at another time. It’s a time-based explanation of living.
    But in a more realistic way to see it, we could relate it with time phases, a range of time in our lives in which we do specific things. Some may be slow in living his life-stages: childhood, teen days, young adulthood, etc. Some may live faster and so they get short life-stages. Some may feel like they are stuck in a phase of time, and some may feel like they are more mature in taking strong responsibilities.
    I’m more of the idea I’m stuck in time. I don’t know why. Or that I may be slow on my “flow of time”. I’m patient with myself; I do my activities at my own pace, steady and progressive, but still a little bit slower than others.  I feel like wanting to run or to increase the flow of time, but I feel over because I can’t determine the moment I see a rock when running....
    Just because they say “younger days”, but, what are younger days...? In Zelda they talk about childhood, so is that what it means? I feel when they post it on their blog/spaces I wonder what they really mean.... I can’t tell.
    I can’t concentrate very well on a finishing thought, but I can say younger days are remembered, because they are more likely to not get to live that moment again....

But Link supposedly with the help of the Ocarina of Time could see how it feels to be an adult, without really becoming one..., he might notice all his younger days are to be enjoyable....