Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Account-Snatching and Post Revolution Wave

    Hello. I’m your great nice guy that runs this blog (whose name’s Erick for nice purposes). Before I get into the topic, I want to let you know something. Maybe you have noticed that, but I wasn’t as active on this account as expected, but I hope to maintain the normal pace of a blog. Maybe you have seen my Tumblr and Twitter that I have still posting something. I don’t usually use my Facebook and I haven’t drawn a new one. I hope I get going on a slightly normal rhythm.

Now, on to the topic.

    As you can see by the topic, let’s talk about when you get your account being taken by another one and tried to change or add or modify things. A normal account is accessed (or signed in) by imputing a name and a password. The password is not to be handed in to anyone, not a single one. And when you get to access your account, you can change your space and try to make a good use of it.

    The problem on accounts getting ‘compromised’ is when another that is not yours gets into your account and makes changes noticeable enough to others to say that’s not the person running that account. I have seen Facebook accounts getting compromised by others just for fun and eventually it is given back to the original users.

    How they could access an account? They should obtain a password and a username. Weak passwords are more vulnerable to get accessed. Even if the password is difficult to remember, a password that’s odd for you or not relatable is one solution. Even so, brutal force password obtaining may be done. But make the password stronger is recommended.

Now, an account is compromised. How do people react on that event...?

    I may not be as direct as possible, but there is no need to retaliate the fact that the account was compromised in some way. What will it solve with that? Will that user is going to leave that way? Will a noticeable alert be done? Something is sure, all people will get into the consideration and a commotion will be done. Posts and posts of trying to upset and rage the user. The point is, you don’t know how the people accessed that account; you just post to stop, or try to stop. The eventful revolution of posts resulted in a high count of clicks to see what’s happening. Worse enough if the place when that bunch of posts was made on a non-erasable place.

    What if the user were to come back? What that if was just a single joke of someone who made all those changes? On Facebook, jokes like this are made when computers are not being attended.... Now all of those can’t be put it back, that cannot be deleted and the incident will be done.

The thing is this: people reacting are not a good thing to happen, but at least it gets the Internet move.

That may be a weird thing to stats increasing, but it still works. I’m just not into that kind of thing....

Maybe my promotion isn’t as well done as expected; maybe I just need to hear people.

But maybe I might not understand a few, only to fear what would react on unexpected events....