Sunday, February 16, 2014

Arcade Videogames

As I got my hands hurt after a fierce battle of the video games at some home with lots of people, I reminded myself of those games I played long time ago. Those games are old too >//<
That made me imagine all the technology they use to make 2D videogames. Well, the 3 games I'm referring to are:

King of Fighters '99
Metal Slug X
Capcom vs SNK  2

those were the games played, all playable through a play station 2. some were from play station, but it was okay to have it there.

Starting with Capcom vs SNK 2, this was a game a "Great Friend" of mine had, once he invited me to his house to play it a while, and it was fun to play it. I had the chance of actually play it because it was all common in here to play arcade fight-type games. The store nearby had some of those, well, most of the local store had one or two arcade machines to play. I wasn't used to those, because of the money, and because they didn't give me one.... Also, Play Station, I didn't had one at that time. It was cool to know I could see it again and playing it.

Then, Metal Slug X, another arcade game, this one was difficult if you don't have enough skills to clear it, nor the money to actually train and learn more. You only have a few buttons and a bunch of obstacles to pass trough and eliminate. One shot against you and you lose one life, 3 lives lost and you need to continue, with another coin. Again, my expectation of coins were limited though.... On this time, I didn't actually see all the play-through until the very end. I was glad someone let me pass the last level with another 'expert' on this game. Wonder how many years he had this game....

Lastly, King of Fighters '99, I think I had 2000 and 2001 for Play Station 2, but then one of my favorite characters, Athena and Bao, also Mature and Iori, people always want to use Iori, because his attacks are awesome, and maybe their Desperation Moves are easy to do. I saw that too on an arcade machine. It wasn't as difficult to play, I already knew most of the techniques and move buttons of my characters to use. The only problem was the controller stick and the buttons, always difficult to fast-move to properly make an attack.
------------

Those are one of the things one make me wonder, I could actually be a true gamer, but as you can see, if you can't make the sacrifice of the money to play those games, it is like feeling weird to be a gamer, because you haven't got too much experience to show it.

If I feel like a gamer, I should feel the need to spend most of the time playing videogames, but last year was more social-oriented, I don't know if I can't combine both. I think I can, I just need experience to have a good talk, when I need to talk. That's what I think. I shouldn't need to talk if it's not necessary.

Anyway this is what happened last time, and now those games, seems to be guarded one more time, without someone to really play those games. It's like a treasure chest that's easy to find but difficult to get, only the master has the key, and it took it away with him. But for playing those, there are other options available, the only thing needed is time.

(And check there are more arcade games I can talk too :3)