Monday, September 19, 2011

Convention Adventures 002

[NOTE: Considering as last entry : Convention Adventures 001]

Hello. I once again went to another convention this week, trying to conquer again the Increasing Potential of the Nerd-Type Status. What new things did I see? Not a lot of things I could tell, but the awesome thing were the people where I was along. And also it was awesome to buy some things. I guess I will talk about the key points of this convention.

I was happy to be with some friends at one time and at another time of the day. First we saw what they sell: t-shirts, figurines, plushies, posters, manga books, anime series, trading cards and related stuff. Also sushi and other Japanese food, and pizza... Also the most noticeable thing: the cosplay they have the people in the convention. Most of it anime characters, but I think there wasn't a lot of people cosplaying, or I think I didn't recognize a lot of characters. There was no Naruto character, neither a Mario character. I saw one Link and one Pikachu girl. The pokemon cosplay were more noticeable: Team Magma cosplay, some person with a blue cape holding a Piplup, the new characters of the Black/Withe version..... Also then was Sakura from CardCaptors, some Japanese school dressed girls, and a lot of people from colors of black and red (I was in a red t-shirt so...).

As always, there were the cosplay contest, a karaoke contest, a drawing contest, a videogame place and a Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament. Some person came who makes dubbing in series and movies. And there was a Touhou dancing (I guess it was part of the cosplay contest) where a lot of girls danced to Cirno's Perfect Math Class (one of the most amazing things happened in the convention, of course I like Touhou Series...)

Also the things I bought: I got one Pikachu plushie *Yay for my nerdy accomplishment*. When I saw it I remembered the aspect of the first Pikachu when appeared on the Game Boy Red/Blue version, some Zelda Poster and some keychain.

Now, the things I liked from going there. It was always a doubtful idea of going alone and only see things and do nothing interesting. Luckily I was with people I know and also they know me. School and other things were something hard to get along or difficult to talk because of the time, but when we are here, we could be anything more than a simple student or a normal person. Even so, I know the things we understand also we can get into consideration and say awesome things because they have appeared. Like Pokemon stuff, recognize the characters is awesome to share. Also when I get to know more people that my friends know. Nothing is getting low, only we need a perfect moment to be what we really are. Conventions are important in order to be more open to the real me and everyone could understand I'm no weirdo in the group of the Nerd-Type Attribution.

And so, after I thought I have saw enough I returned home. When a convention ends, I could get more Motivation Points to continue on course into the Adventure. Sharing the things with my friends one more time, we return to our duties and make homework due tomorrow...

-"It's awful there're no many moments like this, but when they come, the Nerdy Kind will be attracted by the awesomeness of the event.."
-"And you took photos of those of the Touhou girls..."
-"Touhou girls will be cool, and Pokemon also will be cool!"
-"Oh, so when will be training your 'captured' Pikachu?"
-"Huh, but I have 'other' Pokemon to train..."
-"OK... so it will be my pleasure to train your Pikachu!"*rushes at the Pikachu*
-"Wait..."
-"Oh, Pikachu! What a cute little one we have here, let me teach you some awesome moves and you'll be a powerful Pokemon you'll see."
-"Well..."
-"Oh, sure I can have it when you're occupied with your 'work', right?"
-"Well..., I t-think so..."
-"Of course, because you need time to train it..."
-"It's only a plushie..."

[By the way, most of Touhou characters are girls, and as you can see, my Nerdy Part can be nerdy at some times... *weird as it seems*]