Sunday, October 23, 2011

Adventures in the World of RO


After so much time not playing this game, some event made me install it again. Ragnarok Online (or RO), is the multiplayer RPG online game that has gotten my attention since I started to play. Some friend invited me to play with him, and I thought it would be interesting to play and so I got into installing it.

                The installation of the game and server was long (about an hour, my 1GB of RAM and my processor wasn't fast enough...) but after that, the sign in and the creation of the character. I saw that when you entered you start as Novice and if you choose your stats well, you can become a specific Job and training getting specific items for the character. I liked the Mage types, so I aimed to be a Wizard and throw magic to enemies. Even if that Job is a little difficult to train, I was patient getting into the right enemy to destroy and not getting defeated. But of course, many times I got defeated and, then you'll have to go again to the training site.

                The World of RO was quite good. The character is sprite-like, but the background was 3D, in a way it could match the character and enemies (most of it sprite-like). At certain times, enemies appear in the map. Each enemy has specific stats similar to the players.

                One you get to a certain level, you could go fight tougher enemies, but in my case, my Wizard can attack effectively enemies that don’t attack fast and strong, also the ones who are very slow and the ones who don't attack in wide range. I like getting items on Toy Factory because certain enemy throws a Blue Box containing various things, and valuable things.

                Right now, I have a Wizard lv 90, with a good Magic Attack Power and quite a fast casting. But you can improve your stats refining your weapons en equipping, and adding cards into them.

                The game is quite addictive, but when you know well your time, it couldn't be a problem. I like when you can know someone to play with and get party and gaining exp together, and at parties or 10+, defeat powerful enemies.


-"Vacations are a good thing to get some time to play..."
-"Why do you say it? You're playing it now."
-"Yeah, but right now I can't get full into that, I have other things..."
-"So, why are you playing?"
-"Only relax a little, I don't want someone invite me to something and not be present because of the normal activities."
-"I see..."
-"Need to get important things first *smiles*"