Sunday, October 30, 2011

"Let me tell you about HomeStuck"


Hello there! Well, this was a good week for me I guess, work finished from school and other funny things to do. I was doing my weekend research for the Nerd-Type Status, when some image reminded me of what I left behind from one webcomic I was following since April of this year. As the title says, it’s about HomeStuck.
 


       I would start telling you how I began viewing this. At that time searching images in deviantart.com I came across one image of a boy with glasses and another one who was seeing him like he was a nerd. When I got into the description of the image, I saw the source of what this image came from. The image was a fan art of that page, mspaintadventures.com [Refer to the Image Source to go to the page]. I was amazed a fan art get inspirations from that web page. So was my curiosity that I clicked on the link and came across to the page. At first it shows the start of a comic, with a .gif image of the boy with the glasses. I didn't want to lose time, so I clicked some pages they showed on the recent posts of the story.  It was the part when they got something big inside a planet and gets out of there. My attention grew when at one point whey showed a Flash-animated scene with something funny on it. At that moment I thought this would be a good idea to follow that story. So I began reading from start.
                Of course I must give my time reading all those pages. Well, stared  the comic with a boy named John, who was in his house and was about to play a game. Well the thing is that everything on this webcomic was determined by users’ commands, like we were giving the path the character would follow. The one who manages all those commands, Andrew Hussie, chooses the most appropriate one (or the first one) to continue on the story. That’s why it’s an interactive webcomic.
                Giving the idea of what you are going to see on this web comic is: game-like ambiance, programming data structures, chat-like conversations, good animations (when it’s necessary) and also a long amount of trolling, weird but awesome mind-blowing stuff and others things you’d think this is out of this planet....
Image Source: MSPaintAdventures-HomeStuck [2009-2011]
                The pages deviantart.com and tumblr.com have their own fan artists who had made this comic get to know to all those people. It is cool something awesome like that get promoted by all those fan art. Because it has simple well-made and clear images, and with all the Flash animation, it guides you to a world into the game, who turns out to be a quest for discovery and amazing moves.
                I don’t want at first to tell you everything, neither spoilers (not now),

HomeStuck Kinda Last Information (If you really want to start without a single idea of this)


but I can tell you one thing that made me want to write this post before.
At the end of October, the webcomic concluded one Episode more, with a very good and planned animation. One image made me think that I have to get updated to the last part. Seems like after some more pages came to the last updated page where that animation appeared. Simply outstanding n_n. So,

I would really recommend you go read this webcomic (if you HAVE free time) and go and get updated to get the opportunity, because they will continue the webcomic starting November 11th. You have chance to get amazed by the stuff that happens there. So have fun. Later I may do another post about it. This is so amazing I can't leave this as the only one. Maybe I could tell my vision of that comic...

-“Yeah for John! I know you will like it too!”
-“Yeah, seems interesting to me. The words and the animation…”
-“I just got amazed for the last updated page. So amazing. But it got me by surprise”
-“Why so?”
-“It’s just that after that I thought it would continue, but, oh well. I got again into that again n_n”