Saturday, May 26, 2012

Convention Adventures 003


Last posts from  "Convention Adventures":



  Hello there, heheh, lots of things to do this week, but for now I’m having a relaxing day. Nothing better than relax your mind out from all the pressure from assignments, projects, exams and homework (well, homework are only a few). So this is another episode from my adventures of going to conventions in which they show a variety of things regarding, this time, Japanese culture and related things, like anime, manga, cosplay and karaoke. I like it in a certain way, I think, because I had experienced another way to see the convention, from the position of not being alone.
    Ok, so, in a Great Position of Increasing Potential of the Nerd-Type Status, I expected great things from this convention, first at all because it was planned beforehand and second because it would help me to recharge a great amount of energy to finish my assignments in a happier way. I went there, another place, a big place, open place, where lots of people were in their costumes and their backpacks full of accessories showing their favorite characters.  So I was wandering as fast as I could to see things, I don’t know what things I wanted to search, but around the stands they were a lot of people! It was difficult to pass through them. What I could remember, most of the stands were pins, plushies, backpacks, and t-shirts, as usual. And then people into the videogames and people into the cards and drawing competition.
    When my friends found me, we went along to get something interesting to have our energies updated. Well, different things happened from other conventions. One was we were there viewing a lot of cosplays, taking some photos and stalking one or other, heheh. I can tell of the variety of the cosplayers of this convention. The usual Mario, Luigi, Waluigi and other Nintendo characters. A Ness from Earthbound, a lot of  Pikachu, male and female, and a person holding a big Pikachu plushie. Lots of girls with blue hair, violet hair, red hair, orange hair, green hair, and a Cirno, a Reimu, Madoka, Tomoe Mami. Some others from Sailor Moon, specially Seilor Saturn, Sailor Neptune and the same Sailor Moon. Pokemon Trainers of lots of variety. Some characters from Smash Brothers. Lots of Vocaloid cosplays and Jokers from Batman, and a Pac-Man, and a Creepier from MineCraft, and some other guys that have Pikachu hats (*wants a Pikachu hat so baad* D: ). The impressive part was: A lot of Finn and Fionna from Adventure Time, a lots of people who has at least one Jake accessory from the same cartoon (the awesome one was a three-part pin of Jake in form of a long dog, heheh), a Perry costume, and the most amazing thing, Homestuck cosplayers!!
    Regarding that, I might have expected that to happen, that after the end of the fifth act of the webcomic, the cosplaying would increase a lot, so much they would insert themselves into conventions like this. So, from the cosplayers I saw on this Japanese cultural convention were mostly Trolls from the other universe –Alternia. First a Gamzee at the entrance of the convention place (I haven’t even paid my entrance when from the file of people I could see it, heheh. And then Sollux and Terezi,  Karkat and another Terezi?, another Gamzee, another Terezi?,  Vriska, and Aradia. From the kids side, only they appeared Roxy, Dirk and John. I would want to guess how do everyone else would think of their costumes, the funny fact is that at the end they were taking photos some girls dress on anime characters. I took my chance and asked one, but the sunset made that photo a bit blurry, oh well…
    The other part was put my attention with my friend on save the position of other friends, who seems they are sympathetic enough to have a good time and spend on what I would call: Outcome fear and shyness and ask your favorite character to take a photo of him/her. The curious thing is that the position of that friendship made my outcomes easier to make. In fact I was the one with the camera, so I was the one of asking them, heheheh….
    And then the cosplay contest, my favorite one was the one of Tomoe Mami from “Puella Magi Madoka Magica” (which somebody insisted on the full name, heheh) and the 8-bit song of the battle scene. It was splendid, magical, with a good effort put on the performance, and another from the King of Fighters.
    Mostly near the end, we went to each stand to see a reliable item to have. Maybe the weird thing of that position of view of this convention was to be in pace of the others, but even with my intentions of buying something really interesting, I ended to just buy a pin *meh…*. But I wouldn't mind, because I liked the position and in a certain way I made people happy. Also, I think I would get better things than those, because I would think, for example, the pins everyone else showed on this convention got it from other place but here.

“And I couldn’t just find a Pikachu hat…  *little sad*”
“Oh, so you are still on that mission….”
“And you just have appeared again….”
“You just made me appear again because I would know this post would be as long and interesting enough to make with my presence to shine”
“Oh, ok….”
“So, did you have fun this day, isn't it?”
“Of course I did, I learned a bunch of things, and I feel that my position of the Nerd-Type Status really showed its presence”
“Yeah, I know, heheh, it was fun.”
“It’s awesome because you can share your awkwardness to everyone else and act the same way, in a way.” 
“Oh, yeah, that’s true….”
“Yeah, the retribution was cool.”
“Heheh, especially when blushed at cute responses…”
“Eeh? Well, heheheh *unnoticed blushing is unnoticed*”
“And when you dared yourself to take the photo…”
“Eh? That was something I wanted to do…”
“But you felt weird about it”
“I don’t care! I just saw more people who like the comic, that’s all!”
"But you haven't met them yet..."
"*meeh!*"
[One day I would dare myself to talk to EVERYONE I want to talk to! Even if it looks weird to do it....]