Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Nerd by Social Attribution


    Hey what’s up hehe. I’m here again with another blog post. This time I’m going to talk about something general but important to me and to the position of the Nick that redirects to myself.
    I have referred on another post [A Nerd in the Actual World]  that I have been catalogued by the people they knew me as a Nerd. I would call that designation as a Social one, because in some way the groups in which I have been into have thought that designation to my person. It seems like a typical stereotype named because of normal cataloging of types of people. I was into that kind of people, the Nerdy Kind, the one they only care about School, and not other ‘normal’ social relationships. That kind of designation is quite weird and mostly lame, because people just make their expectations on a wrong point of view or of a false perspective of other people.
    The Social Attribution was achieved by many events occurred. Once or twice on a simple class party, I have been chosen as the most Nerd in the class, rather than being Smart or being Quiet. Other minor events were:
Studying at recess which it was rather unnecessary, at some times. The thing is I have been quite lazy in some aspects and studying a bit was to gather the information as fast as I could. Of course other would tell I was still studying thinking I have done so at home.
Talking about School Issues, it was most of the time. I had other interesting topic to talk, but those weren’t interesting to them. It was difficult to talk because the conversations of other people were too hard to follow.
Because of the last, the typical social ineptitude of talking to others, it’s difficult to talk to other people, especially if you haven’t known it yet by talking, especially if that person was someone you consider special, you didn’t know how to approach in fear he can reject you with something….
And other things like appearance and behavior. Wearing glasses, acting very awkward and thinking a lot of things, some weird ideas and basically misunderstand, basically, things that I may not know that others think that only Nerds can do that.
    Stating that they say Nerd as the person who can’t handle Social Issues well, and is very good at some specific area, the Standard position rises when the labeled person is someone who can do the work done, and can team up with other with a same purpose, and may express what he thinks.
    So, in the way I was labeled as such, and trying to aim the Standard Position (in which I am, even though I’m only reaching a little bit of the Standard and always changing between the Shy Position and the Standard Position), a nickname was emerged.
    Analyzing my life and my experiences, and all the odd things around me, I chose to put my nickname in the position of a “Standard Nerd Boy”, the one who wants to achieve great things in life trying to socialize when needed, and also when knowing other people of the same kind.
    I know they are the Self-Proclaimed Nerds that out of the sudden they become one because of collections and appearances. I don’t reach that position because experiences can attest my Nerd Position ,even without knowing that word, and even if I can deny the Position stating stereotypes are just closed-minded thinking of people.
    Yeah, it’s kind of difficult for everyone to make nicknames, but I tried to make one that resembles most of my personality. If I don’t act clearly as a Nerd, maybe because I’m not trying too much to be one (shyness, I guess...?), but for some reason that word came up to my mind for weeks after hearing that, done lots of searching and how most people uses it. I go for the Normal Definition of the Word, so it fits in more than 50% (cool that not in everything) of the definition.
    I just hope you like my explanation, I don’t know if people care a lot about nicknames but I think what it’s most important is the content you have with the sign of your nickname. And is also for fun and for making online friends so yeah, I hope to have more friends to chat and share awesome things.