Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Something Lefty

Just a contribution post acknowledging one day were Left-handed people are celebrated. I wonder how they really came to celebrate that.
I knew I could write with my left hand, while my brothers and parents with the right hand. I didn't remember a time when they would teach me to write with the right hand. I just knew I have this kind of skill, if I could say so.  People indeed got marveled about my condition of left-handed. And telling the truth, I didn't think I could have a problem using scissors or other things supposedly designed for right-handed people. I just got accustomed to use it.
The moment I knew there was indeed a difference on how things are important because of the design for the hands of people, was that episode of the Simpson where they have a shop for left-handed people. When I saw that entire episode I asked myself if there is indeed objects designed for left-handed people, and if a difference is high on using it instead of the normal objects.
I don’t know if feel special about it, is it special? Does really people want to get reminded about a world of minds whose way of think could be upside-down the normal people would think? Who can get the reality of the ones who are left? I wonder if people could meet each other only because they want to see some people writing with their left-hand at great perfection.  My writing isn’t as good as everyone would think, I can’t properly get the pencil well, and when I write I usually get dirt on the side of the hand, where I place it to rest, I know it isn’t the right way.... If people consider left-handed people as special, if someone could see me write with the left hand, I could be lucky of having a new friend, because they would consider me special....
Well, in this whole point of the left-handed awareness is the same as everyone else’s awareness,  so that they know we exist and that we have a day and that they may do other things normal people won’t do, or that normal people do it better, and because of attention. I know.
I get good results on writing, and drawing with my left-hand, so I still need more practice hehe :3