Saturday, December 21, 2013

The video-games stole my son!

Original Title: "The video-games stole my son!: Opinion on how people see video games"

    Hello again, If my position can get more what I can do on my own position, I might do more than tree posts a day, but I'll need a lot of effort and creative motion.

    So, I'll begin. Recently I was seeing the TV, in my ways of not getting bored, when I wait for my parents for dinner, in fact they were the ones who put the TV. The channel we're seeing transmitted a show, every day show. They were talking about video games. Curious how they were talking about a topic on a TV, and on a general channel show.... Anyway, the show presented a mother and his son. The son with a lost look, the mother, rather young. First it was the mother talking about his son, about him playing video games all the time, unnoticed by the ambiance and his future responsibility of having attention on what is to come (aka parenting...?). But then they bring the son with the mother, and the 'show' gets into action.

    I just realized from start the weirdness of this show, just because of the bragging of the guy and a repetitive call to the presenter. Really weird... They continue by saying, this guy is a 'developer', what he said being a 'system programmer', something I don't seem to be the main reason, despite its name anyway.... Still the situation presented there seems way worse than most of the things and, even the seriousness of it, it was not for an intelligent mind.

    A guy that seems to be a programmer, a game programmer? a design programmer? They don't tell well, only that it has great school scores, just that his addiction of video games changed him. Maybe his background has something to do. Still, its seemingly obvious acting didn't convince me....

    They say, playing a lot it's too much. They say, you should do something better in your life to get going. They say, it will affect you somehow. They say, there are better priorities to do. All in a way looks like valid points, but still, something was bugging me when I was seeing the show....

    Because, we know we have to be careful when playing video games. That's true. But then showing the wrong wrong side of the video gaming world seems kind of incoherent, specially from the ones who don't actually knows how to play a video game! Still it's kind of a weird situation.

    As a software developer, and looking at this similar me on the person of this guy, I can't relate the difference and of course I can't sympathize the despiting idea that they do showing to the people don't know about video games, and it doesn't seem to change, because that's what this show is about. They're likely to show bad things over good things about some thing that, having not the proper precautions, it may cause  repercussions.

    What I really didn't like, was the fact of showing the 'Throwing ball to get a monster' thing they were referring to an incident that it just happened in the anime!

Now, for the variation of the same post, I have found this video:
[Thanks for making this video, at least people'll know what show I'm referring to :P]

I have seen it and most of the things I said here, he said it.
    Only the thing of the political thing or the 'manipulation thing', and the 'same-level' of commentary thing, or the full take of the same negative things said, despite the positive-neutral thing, or the general thing despite it's acknowledgeable the kind of show, although it's obvious the kind of info that only have a very strong impact on ignorant people.

    But still, the common thing is that, they HAD a lot of time, and it could be better to explain BETTER, but of course, they wanted to place commercials, and what it's very weird, is having the attention of a topic to place advertisements and ending up with a question on what happened to the boy.

    In one loong 10 minute break of commercials, I went to some corner of the street to buy 7 tacos [those who know how fast and small tacos are, it's not that much :3 ], and returned, and it was 1 minute away from the next section.

    For those who ask, I know I shouldn't be making attention to it, but as the guy of the video said, that show is seen by more people we on the User Realm we can imagine, so that something to worry; and because I love video games, another point of view is good.