Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Awkward moments with information


Nerd’s Adventures – Awkward moments on asking/requesting information
    Hello, writing again, I have like today and eight days more of writing. I have been attending a lot of issues and a lot of other things to be done soon. I just have to be reminded that I have all of those.... >///<
    Anyway, I know I have to still practice, but I’m not into the position of getting my notebook and drawing non-stop. I would like to, but lately I have been trying other things.... hehehe
    One of those things is programming. I’m using Java for making programs, just for fun and practice. I’m still on the way of looking on better ways of thinking programmatically but we’ll still on searching.
    Ok, I was going to make a post of what I did yesterday, or my adventures on the social world of everyday.
    Attending some of those issues, I have to face some fact that I was a little afraid of the consequences: talking to a secretary or assistant about asking or requesting information about things that you need to do, because it’s important to continue. In fact, I had like around 40 minutes to make it happen, so it was a fast-paced doing.... hehe
    As soon as I got in course, I went straight to that office. There was a line of people waiting too. But that line was advancing fast so I could talk to the assistant. I was starting to get nervous because I just wasn’t sure about what to say, but I started slowly so my nervous talking wouldn’t invade me. The assistant then told me of requirements, and when I was sure the things I have were the ones, I hurried to get those requirements done. It was some sort of receipt or ticket and a copy of other documents.
    I returned, and a new line was there, I waited and got to the assistant. Everything seems fine, but the assistant told me of the receipt that it was the wrong one that I was requiring. I soon started to get more nervous, because the assistant said you were requiring that but this isn’t going to help you on the next step. I was confused I didn’t know what to say, wasn’t that the right one? But then she said are you sure you want that? But then I was confused which was the one? Then she explained something I wasn’t clear about, and then I understood it. So I step back and went to get the right receipt, but then I was confused, so I went to the place they were requiring the thing I was asking on the other office. And after getting all clear I changed the receipt and return to the office, again with a new line...
    I continued to be nervous and I was feeling my face burn inside..., I do that when I confront all those kinds of situations, because I just don’t deal with this very often. But I see people when does kinda the same thing. The office attends a certain kind of document request and people just go there for that purpose, so I could see certain situations when talking to the assistant.
    In the end, my request was done and in time. I just have to wait to get it delivered. I don’t know why I didn’t do that before. It’s just my things of thinking what would likely say.... hehe