Sunday, February 26, 2012

About the MOTHER Series


    Hello, heheh, I’m feeling like writing and drawing at the same time, with lots of inspiration and a lot of energy to do it. Yeah, doing it at night is kind of exhausting and a with all the sleep you have, you only think in finish it fast and going to sleep, but this time, I’m doing the things right.
    Ok, this time, I should continue on expressing my favorite things I do, and my favorite games also. This time I’m going to talk about a game that is considered unique in the terms that it is not known and it was not viewed to so many games as a cool game. I’m talking about the MOTHER Series, that showed its notable thing when Super Smash Bros. appeared. That’s when I first saw it.
    When Super Smash Bros. was released for the Nintendo 64, a lot of followers of the game were increasing. Of course who would imagine a match between Mario, Pikachu, Link and Kirby in a parallel world? My friend at that time had it, and then I would have it also. There were quite a cast of characters in there, but also the four hidden ones. Among them, Ness, the most difficult character to obtain, and also he was a strong opponent with his psychic attacks.
    Later, I saw on a magazine an article about that series, among other of Evangelion. (I want to see it again, and it seems that I cannot find it again :S)  They were talking about Japanese games, in which  MOTHER , MOTHER 2 / Earthbound and Earthbound 64 appeared. And on a later time, I related that article and the game of Smash Bros (now Meele), and in a search of finding something of it, I found something related to the game. Then I feel like playing it.
    In the position of a state of time, I started playing Earthbound, for the SNES, I wouldn’t mind if it was quite weird, but it was entertaining enough, at least for an RPG game. So then I followed the flow of the game, seeing a lot of funny things, funny talking and weird graphics, in which it was amazing. Nearly at the end of the game things got a lot harder to beat, but it was good to clear the game and seeing the ending (really emotive ending…)
    Then the other two, MOTHER, and MOTHER 3 at the moment it appeared. Maybe their story might not be as great and as coherent as others, but maybe what are really important are the world in which the characters wander, and its battle style. Even so, what I like of the story is our powers that have everyone to change someone’s life, and the game’s events can resemble someone’s life. Because the world of MOTHER is like our real world, a strong fate is put on the power of the kids in each one of the 3 games.
    I became fan of those games, because I saw other fans of the game that give their position on the internet expressing it with their fan art, which in a way I liked it too. I think it was a time when I was searching also for Harry Potter fan art, heheheh. In fact, when I discovered Ness in Super Smash Bros. and later in Melee, I used that character as my favorite one to battle; a normal personality and a great power to send other players out of the platform.
    I have favorite characters, Ness and Jeff for MOTHER 2 and Loid for MOTHER. Actually I was starting to draw fan art of the series, so I’m sure we still maintain the position of the ones who like those games. I was constantly viewing the site of starmen.net, and now I’m following the posts of earthboundcentral.com . Of course I view most of the cool drawings at deviantart.com, and other things related to the series.
    There’s a lot to say about the series, how I perceive the games, and how some of the things mentioned gave a meaning to my actual personality. I’m sure I can express how much I liked the development of the characters and its simple but significant personality in a real-like world.

"So that's another thing I like..."
"Which you don't know how did you make a good fan of those series..."
"Maybe because of the characters."
"And by that your friends know you use that same boy when playing Smash Bros."
"Well, because he is cool and makes good moves."
"Anybody can say that with their favorites..."
"Of course, that's affirming why we like those characters."