Monday, February 27, 2012

Computer Experiences of the past

    Hello, another post to make, just because I'm bored. School Issues are not as difficult as I thought, I guess.... Well I'll start with this: what was your first experience with a computer?
    Yeah, that sounds weird, because, if you have been using the computer for a long time, it’s obvious that you won’t remember exactly when it happened: if you have seen it when you were too young, or if you have used it for school for the first time.  In this time where technology is getting useful things for daily life, you might not wonder how everything started, because maybe you don’t realize the change made.
    So, I first saw a computer when I was a little boy. And I could remember it was those computers where it only has two colors, black and green. I remember a little of startup, the programs, and the way it prints… Someone had another one in which it has a game of falling letters, quite fascinating, in terms of programming. Maybe at that time, more sophisticated operating systems appeared, and only we had the ones from years ago.
    Then when we had a chance of another computer, it was the one in which it had Paint as a program. It was my favorite program to use, because you can do a lot of things to draw. You could remember how odd it was then you mixed the colors, they looked like it was the combination of the two of them. I liked play games, some PC game that I used to play was simple. I don’t know why, but for some reason I made my computer to crash, because I think I erased some vital files for the OS. But I didn’t know what happened. Blue screens and other weird black things….
    When I felt the need of working on the computer (for School Homework…), another computer was brought to our house. It was quite good (it was Windows XP!), and I have done a lot of things, playing some games and working on Word and Excel and Power Point (basic for data processing) Then we kinda did some programming because of the school, it was Pascal, but it was quite odd, and it wasn’t like they want someone to really learn that language. It was cool to make computer programs.
    After Internet came, it was another cool thing. It wasn’t as fast as everyone else, but it was helpful.  Then we had to deal with virus and other creepy things that infected our computer, it made our computer slower. I think we solved that problem. But one day our computer simply didn’t loaded the OS, and when we tried to repair, it looks that its hard drive was damaged or else. So then after a while, we had another one. At that time, it was awful, because it erased some important files…
    Talking about lost things, I had a USB Memory once, in which something very strange happened unexpectedly.  It seems to work fine before, but when I plugged in the memory, it didn’t respond. What a drag, I feel like I lost someone important, because it contained very important files for some school projects, and other things. Maybe because I feel the need to start again the project made me feel sad about it.
    But those experiences make you learn about the world of computers and how to use it efficiently.  I know how to make things possible, because each day I learn something new. I search on the Internet and on other things similar problems they might surge from others, and its possible solutions.  And of course I know a lot of things that makes you take a little caution sometimes when things are not good to apply. As you can see, you have to be careful of what you click on web pages, and other requests on e-mail. Also, to be careful of what you see, of what you visit, or what you upload. In all places where information is public, when it gets uploaded, it stays as a public location. For those who know very well the structure of networking, things that you share to a most kind of populations is for that purpose.
    We need to have a little bit of intuition on how our data is getting managed, in our computer devices and on internet. And to avoid software problems such as virus and other malware, we need to trust first and review what things we are downloading….