Monday, February 13, 2012

Wander the World with Google Earth


  Hello, after quite a time of a little adaptation Motion, I'm here to continue on my always entertaining journey to being better, I suppose I'm doing it right, nobody said something against it. School things are on, but that's doesn't mean that I would forget my duty on writing when I have inspiration, or writing for a constant pace of time.   So with that said, let's go then.
    In this post I will talk about how Google Earth has become in something super handy for a lot of needs. First, maps. It is interesting to know that we live in a sphere-like place where if you travel around it in straight direction, you will end where you have started. Besides that, there is always a need of know where do we live and in what point of the world we are. Where we where children, we get to know were do we live and point our mark on a globe, generally it was a representation of our planet Earth. Then you get to know streets nearby and other names that make a direction of a certain place. At that time I liked to draw maps around my house: wandering my neighborhood, I could know how many streets there are from my house towards north, south, east and west. Luckily enough, my school was near there, so I also draw my school, how many buildings there are, the corridors, the playground, all the perimeter or school. Details are a good notion from me, and my maps proved that. It seems that I like to draw school areas.
    Way before Google Earth, they were map books. I have one or two. They represent all the construction and streets they have made and showed important locations and other points. Its good to look once in a while those maps. Then on computer programs, they showed the globe in good detail, they showed all streets in one place, most of the streets....
    Then, Google Earth appeared, one teacher told us about that program. The great different from other programs is that you can see those maps as if you were seeing it from above. It is amazing to view those places and all the detail on the streets and other places. Photos taken on space, and a great amount of space adjustment were the things that make a good view on that program. The cool thing is that those photos are updating showing on a later time space modifications (like new streets or house improvements).
    Since the day of launch, Google EarthGoogle MapsGoogle Street View, and other things relating the space of Earth have appeared in order to make a representation in a more realistic way to our planet we live. Map applications and related programs that helps on localization, traveling, marking events, and others.
    I was using the webpage, Google Maps, and then I saw all of Google Street View. When I looked upon where I live and it was quite cool..., but imagine what things you could do with that. With all that, you could feel you are traveling around the world! 
    I once did a traveling research. I pointed my destination on Japan, I just wanted to see how it is to be there. I pointed at one place, and started "walking", of course it was all on Google Street. I have made several points. The Tokyo Tower was one, as you travel all the streets, you can see how tall it is. And also with an application, you can see a lot of photos regarding that building (awesome thing the way they show the photos from the street view). Then, a Japanese Leaning Institute, then a shopping street, a train station, and some lesser streets, where you can see different types of homes, and other amazing things.
    It is sure interesting to get to know more about this world as you are in your home. Of course the experience is different when you are actually there, the interaction of people and the feeling of the place's ambiance. But getting to know at first glance makes that interest of travel and visit there to grow more.
    So, if you have time, and if you feel that sensation of meeting new cultures, prepare your computers and get amazed on all new things you can do, on Google Street View, from Google Maps.

"-Why a Google application...? Because it's awesome to see new things!!"
"-Yeah, you won't know how boring it is to see the same thing every day..."
"-If you know there's a HUGE amount of information to know and it's all on your computer to be searched."
"-I know that, only that there're times where you only want to insist on close your mind and be a dumb person..."
"-Huh? I don't know what are you referring..."
"-Simple, different activities..."
"Eh? That's the things I may have to talk on a later time."
"Oh..."
"And also I'm getting used again with your talking... weird talking. And adjusting the state of our missions."
"Heheheh, ok, I get it. But let's hurry, because other projects may come as quickly as you think"
"Ok then."